声振论坛

找回密码
 我要加入

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2753|回复: 1

abq中的random property问题(from YaHoo abq group)

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-9-18 19:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?我要加入

x
本帖最后由 wdhd 于 2016-3-16 10:17 编辑

question:

The material properties in my input file should be chosen 'randomly' from a set, Does anybody know how I could introduce a random material property to my input file? Is there any easy was by using python script?

answer:

(1) I don't know how to introduce a random variable directly, but you could certainly set up a design study where you specified a number of values

that you chose randomly. This would repeat the run for each value of

the random variable, which could potentially get expensive. I've used

this process to find the sensitivity of a rigid body mechanism solution

to a number of uncertain parameters and it worked very well, but I got

each run down to less than a minute.

(2) A web search on "python & random" yields a number of links with information on generating random numbers using Python.

(3) that's a good question. I don't think Ab can deal with random fields though, as Ansys. Instead of a simple search using a Monte Carlo engine, I'd make use of multiple available codes for random fields, and there is a body of literature increasing within this area. Some very good papers are available about Random Fields Discretization...I shall give you some links if you insist.

(4) The best way would almost certainly be to have a user subroutine to do it, using FORTRAN but you might not be fixed up for that. Assuming that your input files are relatively small (compared with output files) then make a set of copies and pick numbers from a random number table to edit into each one. It's a well regarded way to do it. If you change your model, use the same set again so you you know that changes are due to your modeling and not any bias in the random numbers. If you really want lots then you can write a script in any programming language, and get it to submit the job as well - I have used MATLAB in the past to do that. I expect "C" or VisualBASIC or Pascal would be good, or a macro in a good text editor. Your "academic" challenge might be to find the right distribution for your material.
回复
分享到:

使用道具 举报

发表于 2023-11-8 09:56 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要加入

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|联系我们|声振论坛

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 05:19 , Processed in 0.094316 second(s), 17 queries , Gzip On.